Library Rules and Regulations
Main Objectives of the Library
- To provide documents, information and environment that can be helpful in imparting education, promoting research and development thereby leading to improved education system.
Rules & Regulations
- The entry will be restricted to library identity card holders.
- The readers are requested to keep their personal belongings at the entrance of the library.
- Books will be issued (subject to availability) for a period of 30 days in favour of faculty and 15 days in favour of students.
- A fine of Rs. 01/- per day per book will be charged to students after the due date.
- Reference Books, Rare Books, Periodicals and Journals should not taken out of the library.
- Under special circumstances, the library authorities may refuse the issue of book/s or recall the book/s already issued from any member.
- Books may be renewed on request or at the discretion of the librarian.
- The library is to be used for the purpose of academic study, research and for consultation of subject and other related material.
- Every user in the library shall respect the rights of other users.
- The use of cell phone in the library is forbidden.
- Users are not permitted to consume food in the library.
- Every user must retain book/ journals in its original place after its use has been served.
- The library staff is not responsible for any loss of any personal property brought into the library.
- Dog-earing the pages of a book/s, marking, or writing there in with ink, pencil or highlighter or tearing out its pages or otherwise damaging it, will constitute an injury to a book/periodical.
- Any such injury to a book is a serious offence. Unless a borrower points out the injury at the time of borrowing the book, he/ she shall be required to replace the book or pay its double cost.
- In case of multi-voluminous books if a single book is injured or lost he/ she has to replace the whole set or pay double price of the set.