The college library is housed in the separate two story building adjacent to the main academic block. The library being in its early years is equipped with latest books and provides useful and research oriented services to the faculty, staffs and students. Presently college library houses around 12000 books on different streams like Science, Arts, Humanities, Commerce, Music etc.
College library has separate reference room with rich reference material like encyclopedias, directories, dictionaries, history-books, literature, geographic collections, general knowledge, competitive examination books, civil services and UGC NET/SET etc. A new section is introduced in the library for guidance and counselling for UPSC aspirants, civil services, UGC, Services selection boards and other competitive examinations with adequate library backup and extensive resources both online and offline. Besides college subscribes various magazines, periodicals on latest information to keep our students updated regarding latest happenings in the world. Library has well established lending and text section for circulation of books to hundreds of students on daily basis. Library is providing its students access to national/ local newspapers to keep students abreast of latest knowledge happening. The library remains open from 10:00 AM to 04:30 PM on all working days throughout the year.
The library came up with innovative style of dissemination, learning and access to worldwide resources on Interactive Flat Panel Display (IFPD) with hot/ cold AC room namely multimedia learning centre/ library. College library has developed “Browsing Centre” with adequate high configuration 30 latest desktops (AIO) and high-end server, 62.5 KVA Diesel Genset with BSNL Wi-Fi connectivity for academic excellence and best learning support like NDLI, N-LIST, Open Educational Resources, Online resources etc.
We have over all seating capacity of 100 students in the library for our students and separate reading room for faculty. We have separate washroom and toilet facilities for students within the library premises. Library is providing selective dissemination of information (SDI) and current awareness services(CAS) like display of new arrivals, jackets and Library orientations to its users. The Library has shown paradigm shift from traditional services towards the use of Electronic Resources or E-Resources (E-Journals and E-Books) and various E-services like online information resources which have free access on world wide web is kept open on our college website. The college has subscribed/ registered to N-LIST-INFLIBNET in the form of E-Resources for academic welfare of students and faculty. NLIST is being kept as web page on our college website to access lacs of e-books and thousands of e-journal by library users. Library has completed automation and is giving students access to two terminals of OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue). Students are provided 2-3 books at a time to satisfy information needs. We are constantly working on adding qualitative books and reference material for the college library which is catering information needs of all users. During pandemic the library provided support to students by giving Photostat copies of e-contents available to those who were not having internet/ smart phones.
Students are provided all sorts of information and all their information needs are constantly monitored to fulfil information requirements. Students are encouraged to make use of SWAYAM, NPTEL, e-pathshala, e-gyankosh, VIDWAN, Vidyamitra, DIKSHA , NEAT, ELIS, Coursera, MIT OCW, Openstax, Open Course Library, Saylor, Future-learn, and other OER (Open Educational Resources). All these Open Educational Resources and links are provided under Library Service menu on the college website. The College Constitutes Library committee that decides and adopts policies to constantly upgrade its facilities and activities for the benefit of the student community.
|Library is automated using ILMS data required thereof||2019||2020||2021|
|Name of ILMS Software||Nil||SOUL||SOUL|
|Nature of automation||Nil
|Year of Automation||2019
The Library works towards accomplishing the following objectives:-
- To encourage all the students of college to reach their full potential as independent Learners and develop attitude of potential users as far as assimilation and synthesis of knowledge is concerned for maintaining academic standard.
- To support college curriculum by providing them access to relevant and qualitative material for teaching and Learning.
- To foster the pleasure of reading as “Recreational activity”
- To meet the needs and intellectual aspirations of students.
- To contribute in the overall development of personality by guidance and counselling.
- Library Awareness, orientations, use-studies, current Awareness services is a regular venture besides selective dissemination of information to the end users.
The Library has launched following services:-
- Automation:- The college library collection has been partially automated using SOUL 2.0 Library management software. Besides bar-coding all books/ references available in the library with BOPP over-laminate and proper shelf details.
- Reprographic/ Xerox services:- The library offers reprographic (Xerox) services to the students.
- Establishment of browsing centre:- The library has well established browsing centre with internet connectivity for promotion and facilitation of research culture for faculty, students with high end server, Genset 60 KV, AC etc.
- Gender Sensitization:- Two native famous poetess of Pampore Kashmir “LAL DED” and “HABBA KHATOON” a special collection is being generated for reading and facilitating research.
- Networking, Inverter, LAN, WI-FI and Online UPS.
- Barcode Printer/ Scanner for easy charging of books.
- Big reading hall with adequate seating facility with all facilities for reading.
- Set up Guidance and Counselling room in the library premises.
- Multimedia Library with IFPD.
- Civil Service, NEET, JEE, SSB, SSC, NTA, NET/SET, Railway Recruitment, Physical Education, library aptitude, Philosophy, Guidance and Counselling etc reference material kept for potential users.
- Face-lifting/ Painting of entire library block from inside all compartments and outside.
- Electrification and installation of ceiling fans.
The Library is looking forward to start various services for its users:-
- Complete library automation of the college library.
- Online Public Access catalogue (OPAC).
- Electronic Display Board System(EDBS).
- Orientations, seminars, exhibitions.
- Subscription of various print/e-Journals.
- E-Resources facility.
- Multimedia Library with Offline CD’s/DVD’s.
- Book Bank for needy students.
- Library seminars/ webinars
- Ashaq Hussain Wafaye (Librarian)
- Mehraj Udin Baba (Library Assistant)
- Shafat Ahmad Phamboo (Library Bearer)
- Rozy Bano (Local Fund Employee)
- Arif Ahmad Wani (Local Fund Employee)