NSS/Red Ribbon Club
National Service Scheme
About National Service Scheme (NSS)
The National Service Scheme (NSS) is a Central Sector Scheme of Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports. It provides opportunity to the student youth of 11th & 12th Class of schools at +2 Board level and student youth of Technical Institution, Graduate & Post Graduate at colleges and University level of India to take part in various government led community service activities & programmes.The sole aim of the NSS is to provide hands on experience to young students in delivering community service. Since inception of the NSS in the year 1969, the number of students strength increased from 40,000 to over 3.8 million up to the end of March 2018 students in various universities, colleges and Institutions of higher learning have volunteered to take part in various community service programmes.
The NSS Badge Proud to Serve the Nation:
|All the youth volunteers who opt to serve the nation through the NSS led community service wear the NSS badge with pride and a sense of responsibility towards helping needy.
The Konark wheel in the NSS badge having 8 bars signifies the 24 hours of a the day, reminding the wearer to be ready for the service of the nation round the clock i.e. for 24 hours.
Red colour in the badge signifies energy and spirit displayed by the NSS volunteers.
The Blue colour signifies the cosmos of which the NSS is a tiny part, ready to contribute its share for the welfare of the mankind.
“NOT ME BUT YOU”
Benefits of Being a NSS Volunteer
A NSS volunteer who takes part in the community service programme would either be a college level or a senior secondary level student. Being an active member these student volunteers would have the exposure and experience to be the following:
- an accomplished social leader
- an efficient administrator
- a person who understands human nature
NSS/Red Ribbon Committee
|01||Prof Irfan Ahmad Bhat||Programme Officer 1|
|02||Mr. Zaffar Manzoor||Programme Officer 2|
|03||Prof Mohammad Iqbal Dar||Member|
|04||Dr. Shabir Hussain Lone||Member|
List of NSS Volunteers
NSS Activity Calendars
- Cleanliness Drive at Manibug Wetland under Clean India Programme
- Cleanliness Drive at Nag Temple and Wahab Sahib under the Clean India Programme
- Mega Campus Cleanliness Drive on 06/10/2021 under the programme schedule for celebration of cleanliness month
- Celebration of Gandhi Jayanti 2021
- Sadbhavana Diwas Celebration on 20/08/2021
- Campus Cleanliness Drive on 25/08/2021
- Flag Hoisting Ceremony on 15/08/2021 under the Programme Schedule for celebration of Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav
- Online Quiz Competition Under the Programme Schedule for Celebration of Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav
- Second Mass Vaccination Drive on 12 – 08 – 2021
- Mass Vaccination Programme on 25th July 2021
- AIDS and COVID-19 Awareness Drive Conducted by NSS and Red Ribbon Club
- Celebration of World Environment Day 2021
- Online Painting Competition on “World No Tobacco Day 2021”
- Participation of GDC Pampore in “# Young Warriors” a Movement started by UNICEF India to Fight against COVID-19 Pandemic