GSCASH (Gender Sensitization Committee Against Sexual Harassment)
Gender sensitization against Sexual harassment in campuses is a sine qua non of peaceful and respectful living. Sexual harassment can happen at work places, institutions, in the family or on the streets. Even in an enlightened institution like a university campus sexual harassment cannot be very uncommon.
With the aim of constituting a legally formalized Cell to address gender issues, the gender sensitization committee against sexual harassment ( GSCASH) in Government Degree College, Pampore J&K, has been constituted.
GSCASH Guidelines are in compliance with
Ministry of Human Resource Development, University Grant Commission
University Grant Commission (Prevention, prohibition and redressal of sexual
harassment of women employees and students in higher educational institutions)
UGC guidelines for ensuring gender neutrality, 2016
Ministry of Women and Child Development Guidelines for Gender Champions in
Educational Institutions, 2016
Definition of Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment includes any one or more of the following unwelcome acts or behaviour(whether directly or by implication) namely
- Physical contact and advances.
- A demand or request for sexual favors.
- Making sexually coloured remarks.
- Any unwelcome messages through telephone or internet.
- Showing pornography.
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.
|01||Prof. Alam Ara Shah||Convener|
|02||Prof. Aaliya Bashir||Co – Convener|
|03||Prof. Aijaz Manzoor||Legal Advisor|
CASH has two major functions: Preventive and Remedial
- To work towards creating an atmosphere promoting equality, non-discrimination and gender sensitivity.
- To promote and facilitate measures to create a work and study environment that is free of sexual harassment.
- To receive and take cognizance of complaints made about sexual harassment at the college and give every complaint serious consideration.
- Crisis Management, Mediation and Counselling
- To conduct enquiries into the complaints, place findings and recommendations regarding penalties against the harasser in accordance with the rules and procedures laid down by the GSCASH, before the College Administration.